Sunday, December 7, 2014

Beauty Must-Haves


    Hello everyone! I'm back. I found it hard to blog the past few months. Blogged about Beauty Essentials and now i'm here again to share tips about what a woman should have to maintain her beauty. This year 2014 has taught me a lot of things. One thing I've learned is how to apply make-ups
and choose what is best for my skin type. I also learned how to groom my own eyebrows. It's an achievement right? Before, I always go to salon and pay for it. Now I can save money and use it to more important things...like buying new make-ups. I became obsessed with them and I just can't help it. But I always see to it that I am in control, not being compulsive. I'm still the type of girl who won't go all-out, like painting my whole face. I just want to highlight the features of my face which are the eyes and lips. 

So let's get started!

1. Clean. I use St. Ives exfoliating scrub on my face two-three times a week. In between I use Belo Kojic soap for my face. It's always best to clean our face everyday to remove the excess oil and dirt we get outside.

2. Tone. Before I don't do this. I go straight in applying creams. I read a lot of blogs that we should tone to remove deep-seated dirt and excess oil and even out skin tone. I use Belo essentials pore refining whitening toner.

3. Apply creams with spf to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays coming from the Sun. Because I have oily skin, I don't moisturize anymore. Whenever I don't go out, I use Olay White Day Cream. But if I have a date or have to attend parties or get together, I use this,


It provides effortless natural bare-faced look. Not just that! It's super light on face and whitens from within plus it has SPF 30. I feel so protected when using this! 

4. Powder time! The one i'm using now is Maybelline in Nude Beige.


It has SPF 25 so it's good for protecting the skin. An all day shine control that conceals, smoothes, evens skin tone and is gentle on skin. It super cheap pa! Oh diba? :) I always have this on my bag for retouch. Most of the time, I only retouch once. 

5. So done with the skin part, next is to highlight the eyes. To add more drama to our face, using eyeliner is the best. It's hard to apply at first but as to what is everybody saying, "Practice makes perfect."  It takes me 5-10 minutes applying this. Hahaha!


These are what I am using. But I want Nichido more because it's easy to use and I can apply thin line on my eyes unlike the IN2IT. Nichido liquid eyeliner lasts all day. It's cheap din. But you know what, I want to try KPalette's 1 day tattoo eyeliner but it's quite expensive. Now you see, I'm still in control over the products and it's prices. How I wish someone could give me KPalette eyeliner this Christmas. Hahaha!

6. Defining EYEBROWS! Almost everybody has defined eyebrows now. Usong-uso. There comes different shades near the color of  hair. I have a dark brown hair so I want the natural brown shade. Someone says that the eyebrows should be two shades lighter than the color of our hair. I guess that is right. I experimented few months ago and came with this brand Jazzy. Got these in SM dept store.


An eyebrow mascara and eyebrow cake.


The middle is abused. Apparently it's near the color of my eyebrows. I apply the cake first before the mascara then dab a few of this cake again on my brows. This will expire early next year so I got another eyebrow shadow from IN2IT, it's waterproof and the packaging is girly. I'll use this next year. (Exp date for reference: 110319). The lightest shade I can use in contouring my nose. haha!  



It has a small mirror. Such a cutie!

I aslo bought a new eyebrow mascara from Etude House yesterday that I will use next year. It's sold out most of the time in SM Masinag branch. But, sayang ang points for my Etude House card. Bought this in Megamall dept store.


I heard a lot from the Kiss Me eyebrow mascaras. It's available in SM Makati. Sad it's far from my place. I want to try it also. Next time, next time. :)

7. For my favorite part, color my lips! One can never go wrong wearing a lipstick. It can add a fashion statement when you wear it. You can wear basic clothes w/ red/pink lips and still look fashionable. Yesterday my boyfie bought me my first MAC lipstick ever. It's an early gift this Christmas and I'm so happy with it. It's called Damn Glamorous from the matte lipsticks section. I heard it is also a limited shade. I'll use it on Christmas day! Yey! :)



Another lipsticks are from IN2IT (naranja) and NYX lip cream (bonfire)


Lastly, when I don't feel like wearing lipsticks, I go for balm/lip tint. Got this from a Korean shop, Tony Moly. It looks colorless but once you apply it on your lips, it turns pinkish red. MAGIC! I love it!


8. Lastly, remove all the make-ups using a make-up remover from Maybelline. I like it because it's very effective and it's cheap. :)


That's it! These products are very cheap but do the job very well in making my look presentable. DISCLAIMER, I'm not a make-up guru. I just want to share the things that really work for me and I hope will work well for you too. There are a lot of make-ups nowadays. We just have to choose what will best fit our skin type. You just need the basic ones. 

How about you? What are your beauty must-haves? Would like to hear them from you. Just comment your insights below. 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment